Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Looking like Mr. Clean

Friday was the PET scan results appointment with Dr. Marks. There's been a 48% reduction in the tumor after only one treatment. Dr. Marks was very pleased and impressed. We had an amazing weekend with family and friends at Universal and hanging out at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. :) I can't wait to go back.
Yesterday was Eyleen's second treatment and with it came more sick and tiredness than the first treatment but we're getting it until control. Not to mention there's pain in the tumor site again which is a VERY good thing even if it means pain pills. :) Dr. Marks said it won't be a reduction like last time but we're shooting for 10% this time around.

All weekend Eyleen's hair starting coming out more and in her words looked mangy so tonight I came downstairs and found her in the bathroom with her head all lathered up and with a razor in her hand.
I was terrified when she asked me to shave the back of her head but did a pretty good job before cocoa buttering it up. :)
Eyleen has an appointment with the therapist on Friday but it'll be another 3 weeks before we find out how things are going. After the whirlwind of this last month all this waiting is gonna drive me crazy if I don't get a handle on it.

4 comments:

  1. Does baldybabycakes get to have a plain old therapist to talk to during this whole process? so she can fully unload without fearing of scaring her loving partner and family? and maybe, you too? needing an unattached listener? holy smokes, ladies. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two angels- you both inspire me more than you will ever know. I'm so glad you two are grabbing this beast by it's balls and making the very best of it. So, being the cheesy, sappy sentimental freak that I am, I'm going to do something to honor you both. Firstly, definitely participating in a boobie fundraiser this year, and dedicating my walk to Tarties. Second- I got a pink ribbon tattoo on my ankle a couple of months ago with the word "Mom" etched within the ribbon. I'm gonna go back to my tattoo dude and have him script Stiney and Tarties on either side..... Side note to keep your spirits up- Not sure what kind of medical coverage Tarties has, but my Mom had poopie coverage and guess what? Without my Mom doing anything, a Catholic Charity came in and picked up the tab on her medical bills... and we aren't even Catholic. So, lots of light along this journey. I love you both so much. Keep the faith and stay positive. When life gives you lemons, add sugar and vodka and make it a lemon drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who you are, Patricia, but that's so sweet that you're doing that!!! Awesome!

    Eyleen, hon, you inspire me so much (you too Stiney)!! Keep up the good fight, and you are definitely going to whip this bugger.

    OH, don't know if Stiney told you, but I am also doing a cancer walk in your honor. =)

    Luv ya guys, and as always my ear is just a short call away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stiney for this blog. Thank you for all you are doing. I wish I were closer. Eyleen you are always in my thoughts. The Fl time we all shared was the best. Soo many laughs and good times. Today the shot and tomorrow the shrink. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete