Thursday, January 6, 2011

What to do when your hairballs scare the cat?

Cut it off of course! Monday was NOT a good day around the house. I think it's the first day I've seen any of this take it's toll on Eyleen. And why? Because her hair started coming out. They weren't lying when they told her to expect her hair to start coming out 10 days after chemo because that's exactly what it started doing. I came home on Monday and the cat was staring really hard at something by her food bowl. When I went to investigate there was a clump of hair. By Tuesday when I came home Eyleen looked like this:





She'd taken the scissors to her hair and I finished it up with clippers. I think it looks really cute and I'm so dang tempted to buzz mine as well.


I called the store on Tuesday and the wig is in. We will pick it up after the appointment with Dr. Marks on Friday, which we'll learn the results of the PET. Then we're off to Orlando with friends and family for a LONG weekend before Eyleen starts her second treatment on the Tuesday we get back.
Good news is we're already seeing really good results from the chemo so her body is reaction really well in kicking the cancer's ass.

5 comments:

  1. Tartie you look great! Sending many prayers for you1 Thanks for the updates Stiney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tartie Pants & Stiney- your spirits are amazing!!! I'm loving the Sinead doo! And gotta keep the humor. I can only imagine my cats' reactions to the hair balls... Most likely a YouTube moment. Love you both with all of my heart!
    Xoxo
    Silverz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look good Eyleen, a bit tougher than I'd have thought suited you... but its always good to try something new on... can't wait to see what wigs look like... (also, curious about the 'tartie' name?) lots and lots happening since d.h.s? smartie? tartie? something lascvicious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. EYLEEN!!! It's SO CUTE!! I would do mine, but with the sheer size of my head I would look like a grey alien. LOL

    Keep those spirits high, girls. You're doing great. You're gonna kick that cancer butt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, doesn't she look cute with her pixie hair! I'm glad her body is reacting well to the chemo. *HUGS* Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete