Friday, December 17, 2010

More boobie gazing

Eyleen had her first oncology appointment with Dr. Marks who is apparently really awesome and very determined to help Eyleen kick this cancer's butt. She didn't get the PET scan today because her port site hasn't healed enough and Dr. Marks said it would cause a false positive. Monday she has a follow up with the surgeon, Dr. Crump, Tuesday we have something called Chemo Camp where we'll learn all the needed chemo and staying healthy through it things and then Wednesday Eyleen starts her first of 18 weeks worth of chemo. Dr. Marks is giving her three different types because the cancer is aggressive.
We're heading to the beach tomorrow to go to In The Pink so Eyleen can pick out her scarf that she'll need by the second treatment.
She still amazes me with her strong, upbeat attitude even when I'm weepy and I know things are gonna be fine. You all know Eyleen, she comes screeching in at the last minute and it looks like everything's gonna crash down on her but then she gets through it on the other side. We love her though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love you both so much!! Post pics after shopping tomorrow! I wanna see the doo-rag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad that you are sharing this way.
    'glad' is sort of wrong, but I am gladdened to be able to point my prayers so specifically to ms.Schreech...

    ReplyDelete