Monday, December 13, 2010

Ready...Set...GO

Most of you already know by now that Eyleen was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last Wednesday, Dec. 8. Today we’re going to the surgeon for a pre-op appointment and they’ll probably have Eyleen in for surgery by the end of the week, especially since Christmas is the following week. It looks like she’ll need a mastectomy on her right side.
We’re both tired and trying to be strong, with Eyleen succeeding more than me at times. Eyleen has AMAZING friends and a support network and she’s going to beat this thing. Come on, it’s Eyleen, she’s hardheaded and if you tell her she CAN’T do something she’ll do it just to show you she CAN. She’s strong and I love her and we’ve got this thing.
I’ll be updating this blog whenever we know something so everyone can see what’s going on and you can stay ABREAST of the news from the Schmavenport household.

4 comments:

  1. Hey girlies... I'd really like to talk to you. I'm sure you are getting bombarded with advice and opinions. My mom wanted me to make sure the surgeon is the one recommending the masectomy. If the surgeon says that odds are no better getting a masectomy vs a lumpectomy, please seriously consider the lumpectomy. I'm sure you guys realize that a masectomy is a much more radical surgery, and can have more complications down the road- including lymphedema... Would love to talk to Eyleen. I'm sure you guys are busy and swamped and swirling... Just want you to know I am here! My mom sends her best and said to remind Eyleen that she is hella young and strong and WILL beat this thing. The Silver phone line is open 24/7! If either of you can call, that'd be great. Love you both and am standing beside you... cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you both to death, and as always, you know my number if you need anything. Day or night, I'm here for both of you.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for starting this blog.

    ReplyDelete