Wednesday, December 22, 2010

PET, Chemo Camp and Eyleen's dad making us bawl.

The PET scan went well but it’ll be a few days before we know the results. Dr. Marks said that the PET doesn’t affect the treatment though because she’s getting a pretty aggressive chemo.
Chemo camp was A LOT of information, I think between the two of us we got everything down. What to look out for, what to eat what NOT to eat. Eyleen spent 15 minutes looking through vitamins at CVS to make sure she had one that wasn’t filled with 200% of every freaking vitamin. She also had to get 7 different meds she has to take daily in addition to the chemo that she’ll be doing once every 3 weeks. And that starts today at 11. It’ll be a 3 hour treatment each time. Maybe Santa will bring her a Nook Color to keep her busy.
We went out to Lake City last night to visit my family for Christmas since everyone will be scattered all over the place for the actual day. It was good and my nephew is so freaking adorable.
On the way over though Eyleen’s father sent her a picture on her phone and for the first time this whole process (which BTW has only been two weeks, but the longest 2 of my life) Eyleen cried. Tears of happiness though.

He shaved his head. What an awesome freaking Dad.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I want to hug Eyleen's dad. That's awesome. BTW I want to hug Eyleen too. You guys stay tough

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are keeping this Blog, Stiney. I've been reading and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to hug eyleen's dad too. and you guys too. . . reading and thinking about her all day today... and you too (though i haven't met you ever, or seen eyleen since she was 17...:) ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Eyleen's dad!! He so made me bawl my eyes out. I also am so grateful you are keeping this blog. It helps bridge the distance. You guys are on my mind and in my heart every day. I love you both to pieces.

    ReplyDelete